Elgin & Co.mpanyStrategy tells you where to go. Communication inspires people to go there with you. It's the only thing that ever does.
Karin Elgin Nijhuis
- MA in (Ancient) History | Utrecht University
- MSc in Corporate Communication | Rotterdam School of Management | Erasmus University
- Andreas Award for Innovation in Corporate Communication 2018 | Corporate Communication Centre | RSM | EUR
- Post-graduate & certificates: Internet Developer & Advisor | Information Strategy | E-commerce | Gamification | Education | UN Safety in the Field.
- Utrecht University | Dutch tour operators | Holland.com |
Netherlands Board of Tourism and Conventions NBTC.
- Associate consultant in TEAM Tourism Consulting.
- Co-founder & organiser Heritage, Tourism and Hospitality, International Conference | HTHIC.
- Managing partner | advisor | author | guest lecturer | interim
Expertise & Experience
- More than twenty years of experience in software development and architecture, ICT infrastructure and security.
- Partner | technical advisor
- The colleagues in TEAM Tourism Consulting. TEAM is an international consultancy specialising in strategic and operational planning of all aspects of destination management and marketing.
- The wealth of expertise and specialist skills partners bring to projects and the generosity with which they contribute to research activities and events.
- The collaborative approach brought to projects ensuring optimal use is made of the knowledge and experience of clients and all involved.
Elgin & Co. are Partner of the UNWTO in the
One Planet – Sustainable Tourism Programme.
UNWTO: “As an implementation mechanism for SDG12, with potential to advance other SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) as well (among them SDG8 focusing on decent work and economic growth, SDG13 addressing climate change or SDGs14 and SDG15 on marine and terrestrial resources), the vision of the One Planet – Sustainable Tourism Programme is for a tourism sector that has globally adopted SCP resulting in enhanced environmental and social outcomes and improved economic performance.”
Photos: Working in Turkey, Finland and Zimbabwe.