Elgin & Co.mpany"Strategy tells you where to go. Communication inspires people to go there with you. It's the only thing that ever does."
Karin Elgin Nijhuis
- MA in (Ancient) History (Utrecht University)
- MSc in Corporate Communication (Rotterdam School Management / Erasmus University)
- (Post-graduate) certificates: Internet Developer & Advisor, Information Strategy, E-commerce, Gamification, Education, UN Safety in the Field.
- Combined for several years roles at Utrecht University with work in tourism.
- Joined the Netherlands Board of Tourism and Congresses (NBTC) to help develop the www.holland.com strategy and platform and other tourism websites.
- Associate consultant in TEAM Tourism Consulting.
- Co-founder / organiser of the Heritage, Tourism and Hospitality, International Conference, HTHIC.
- Member of ICOMOS, the International Council on Monuments and Sites, and IFITT, the International Federation for Information Technologies and Travel & Tourism.
- Advisor, project manager, researcher, author, speaker, conference organisor.
- Enjoys – more than anything else – teaching, mentoring and capacity building.
- The more than twenty years of experience in software development and architecture, ICT infrastructure and security Hakan Elgin brings in as partner and technical advisor.
- The colleagues in TEAM Tourism Consulting. TEAM is THE international consultancy specialising in strategic and operational planning of all aspects of destination management and marketing.
- The wealth of expertise and specialist skills partners bring to projects and the generosity with which they contribute to research activities and events.
- The collaborative approach brought to projects ensuring optimal use is made of the knowledge and experience of clients and all involved.
Photos: At work in Turkey, Finland and Zimbabwe.