E-Marketing Master ClassesFor those tourism professionals who strive for excellence in e-marketing strategy and tactics
The E-Marketing Master Classes are a TEAM Tourism Consulting production and delivered by the authors of the 2014 UNWTO-ETC Handbook on E-Marketing for Tourism Destinations. They aim at helping tourism professionals to improve their skills in developing, integrating and evaluating e-marketing strategy and tactics.
The Master Classes are for those who strive for excellence in e-marketing strategy and tactics and in applying a truly integrated, cross-media approach, for developing and managing strong brands in a rapidly changing digital environment.
The Master Classes will be demanding, but hugely rewarding and worthwhile. Based on the latest insights on market and technology trends and opportunities, the Master Classes will involve strategic planning of marketing methods, review and evaluation of alternative marketing channels, understanding of e-marketing operations, quality criteria, critical success factors and best practice examples.
The E-marketing Master Classes will address:
Trends and Challenges
Current trends in consumer behaviour, technology and e-marketing on the social web. Key opportunities and challenges for destination brands. The customer journey and increasing levels of complexity. The role and importance of content in digital destination marketing. Integration and multichannel marketing. Best practice examples and case studies.
Strategy and Planning
Key concepts and useful frameworks to help develop and optimize e-marketing strategy and achieve excellence in this area. The critical research foundations you need to have in place to support strategic development – including auditing your current activity and platforms.
Channels, Tactics and Tools
Looking at the full range of e-marketing channels, including travel websites. Making smart combinations of owned, earned and paid media, using cross media concepts and techniques such as narratology. Looking at best practice and key lessons learned.
Measurement and Evaluation
The use of web analytics, social analytics and other sources of data to plan, deliver and optimise your e-marketing programmes – including objective setting and establishing the right KPIs.
Master Class Approach
Presentations based on the content of the E-Marketing Handbook will form an important part of the programme, but other key elements, designed to promote active learning and longer-term benefits, will make the Class particularly valuable and different from other training programmes. These will include individual and group assignments, interactive and plenary sessions and participant presentations.
Action planning, for both the individual and his/her organisation, will underpin the entire programme enabling continuing positive change beyond the Master Class itself.
We offer the option to build in post-Master Class mentoring and coaching sessions where participants can gain access and support from the Master Class tutors in implementing the action plans they have developed.
KARIN ELGIN NIJHUIS
E-marketing Master Class Type 1 – Standard Two Day Programme
- Two full days
- Programme by two authors of the Handbook on E-Marketing for Tourism Destinations
E-marketing Master Class Type 2 – Standard Three Day Programme
- Three full days
- Extra attention on developing, communicating and evaluating the brand
- Programme by three authors of the Handbook on E-Marketing for Tourism Destinations
E-marketing Master Class Type 3 – Destination Dedicated and Customised Four Day Programme
- Four full days.
- Customised programme based on Master Class Type 2 but based on the destination’s specific business objectives and marketing goals. The purposes include:
- Creating a shared understanding of where the organisation is now (situation analysis) and where it wants to be in the future – and how online branding and marketing activities might help achieve that.
- Optimising strategy and planning – developing the associated strategy (key questions – what are we going to do and why are we going to do it?) and tactical plan (key questions – how are we going to do it, who is going to do it and when will it be done?).
- Describing measurement and evaluation – identifying critical Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for each area of work. Developing a measurement model that supports ongoing optimization and improvement of e-marketing activities.
- Help preparing the development of an Action Plan by the participants
- Programme by two authors of the Handbook on E-marketing for Tourism Destinations.
- Programme requiring considerable preparatory work, including audits and evaluations of a destinations’ or tourism organisation’s current e-marketing activity and preparation of a large amount of contextual and conceptual material provided and prepared.
Master Class Add-ons – Post-Master-Class Mentoring and Specialised Training Modules.
Together with our colleagues of TEAM Tourism Consulting we offer the option of post-Master Class mentoring and coaching sessions where participants can gain access and support from the Master Class tutors in implementing the action plans they have developed. Costs will depend on the precise nature of the requirements.
Read also: Specialised Training Modules